In this post we will see how to use SOA 11g BPEL to pass a username & password pair to a webservice that was protected by HTTP basic authentication.
Below are steps for achieving this using 11g JDeveloper;
- Open your SOA composite and in your BPEL process add the partner link call to the remote secured webservice wsdl location.
- Once you’ve browsed for the wsdl, edit your projects composite.xml file via the Application Navigator on the left.
- Now right click on the external referenced service that you added and select ‘Configure WS policies’
- Within the Security tab, click the Add button and select oracle/wss_username_token_client_policy.
- Via the Property Inspector window click the ADD button under the Binding Properties tab.
- Now Open the property Inspector window and click the add button under Binding properties tab.
- Manually add oracle.webservices.auth.username and oracle.webservices.auth.password and their properties. ie: add two new properties, oracle.webservices.auth.username and a value, then another property – oracle.webservices.auth.password and a value.
- Compile and deploy the project to observe how those properties are now passed to the remote webservice.